Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Dishcrawl "week" part deux

After the visit to l'Atelier, we walked to Macaroni Bar, a spot I would never step into. I would come back however to get a bigger portion of what we tasted, the fried gnocchi poutine. Instead of fries they deep fry gnocchi balls and then serve with a veal demi-glace and cheese curds. It's very rich tasting and very good. It's a bit expensive for a snack after drinking but it's all good. We also had pork meatballs served as lollipops but I didn't like the taste.


The night was officially over and some of us wanted to go to Juliette & Chocolat for dessert but it was already closed (11pm for a Wednesday) so we rushed to Lemeac as their kitchen closed only at midnight. I have never been to Lemeac even though I reserved there many times, thinking it was Laloux. Everytime I get to Laloux I'd have to ask the bartender to call Lemeac and cancel the reservation for me.


I'm told by the person in front of me at the table that everything is good at Lemeac. I had the chocolate tartelette with ginger ice cream which was ok.

No comments: