Monday, January 25, 2010

Work Breakfast

I used to not eat breakfast and it started around university when I found myself with less time. I would grab a donut or something and get on with the day. I would end up eating an early lunch and then a snack again before dinner.


This continued until I moved to California for work and I was on the 5am to 9am phone shift. After the shift ended our group would go to have a big beakfast at the cafeteria. Those were the good days of big bowls of fruit and egg sandwiches. I was always amazed at the year round availability of melons, strawberry, pineapple, blueberry, etc - maybe it was just part of the extravagant spending that took the company down.


Nowadays I have to eat something or I won't be able to work plus I need my 6g of fiber a day to get things flowing. I found this bread that has 3g per slice and I started to make sandwiches ahead of time for the work week. I filled them with egg salad, deli meats, butter and jam, etc. After 6 months or so I got tired of eating that so I've been looking for new ideas.


Last week's whole wheat pita was delicious and a novelty but I didn't get enough fiber so I have to go back to the sliced bread. I will however keep the crab+egg mixture for the filling and add some Giò lụa. For lunch this week I will pack soba and tofu and frozen vegetables.

.

No comments: