Tuesday, February 02, 2010

ipad

The announcement came and I watched the video today. This will nicely replace my macbook 13" as my bed side reading material.


I used to have a stack of magazines and books near my bed so I can read in bed. It got replaced 3 years ago by a laptop so I can browse the web and keep up on useful and useless news. The laptop is small but still heavy. This ipad will perfectly play that role instead. I don't need the 3G access because I don't even have a personal cell phone and I will rely mostly on media I already loaded on the device. I'd have to go for the 64GB model however.


People I know who already have an iphone or itouch are not terribly excited by this product. Since it's unlocked I will probably go get one as soon as it shows up in the US. Maybe I can even bring this on my Switzerland trip!

No comments: