Thursday, January 07, 2010

Eggs

I love eggs. I can eat eggs every meal and never get tired. I think I inherited this desire from my dad who said that when he was young it was the luxury item his family couldn't afford so he was always up for it.


There are several ways you can prepare eggs.


Poached


I used to eat eggs only poached in the Eggs Benedict dish. I would not eat any eggs during the week and on Sunday I would meet up with a friend to have brunch and get my fix.


I tried to poach eggs in the microwave but they never come out with the yolk liquid. Cooking it in a pot of boiling water was too complicated for me. Whenever I go to a restaurant for breakfast I will always get the poached egg dish.


Scrambled


I don't like to scramble eggs because it requires too much effort and cuts into my computer gaming-while-cooking. At the restaurants it's very hard to get good scrambled eggs. You usually see the big block of eggs they make and reheat. I had good scrambled eggs at a fancy restaurant once but it's still hard to find one.


Microwaved


My mom used to make this as a quick protein dish for the family. Crack several eggs in a bowl, add left over ingredients and vermicelli and sliced mushrooms. Microwave and eat. You could say it's like a baked egg dish.


Hard Boiled


I eat hard boiled eggs most often because they are easy to make and relatively healthy. I like them with salt and pepper or with mayo. On a sad day I can gobble up 6 in one sitting.


Soft Boiled


I don't make this - I need a kitchen timer and a good recipe. I've made it for the Arpege Egg dish at a party once.


Special preparations


In the near future ...

No comments: